Tuesday 5 June 2007

Competition Success!

I'd seen the UWOL ( under water over land ) challenge for filmmakers over at www.uwolchallenge.com a while ago and decided to have a shot at it. The idea is, on the first day of the month, a theme is announced and participants then have 3 weeks to plan, shoot and edit a 2-3 minute short film around the theme. In this case it was " The Wild".
I mulled over a few ideas, and after having outdoor plans blown out by an unusually wet May, I ended up in my back garden, with a couple of bedside lamps, some plant pots and a macro lens I had acquired from ebay a month or two ago for £13!! the result - THE WILD WITHIN.

Fast forward to judging day, and guess what? It won!

Check it out here http://www.uwolchallenge.com/winnerscircle.htm
or see the hi-def version http://www.treborsnave.com/video/thewildwithinHD.wmv ( 180megs !!!)

Also check the UWOL challenge forum on www.hdvinfo.net - it's a great international community which I thouroughly recommend getting involved with!!!

No comments: