Thursday 15 February 2007

"Introductions" and "Loss of virginity"

Hi, I'm Rob, and I'm a filmmaker.

Thought I'd introduce myself. This is my first ever post on a blog.

I've been "doing" video for about 6 or 7 years now - I'm quite heavily into power kite sports and theatre, and i bought a dv camera to play around with, and things just started to happen. I stopped doing "shaky cam", started thinking about my shots and spent hours fiddling with helmet cameras, fish eye lenses and wireless links.

I've produced quite a wide variety of stuff over time, including two DVDs on kiting which have gone on (limited) retail sale over the globe, backdrops for multimedia theatre, little corporate jobs, historical building profiles, training videos and a music vid or two. All whilst working away at my IT job during the day. I think my IT skills have done me well in the film arena - I shoot, edit, author and promote all my stuff, but it can get pretty manic at times.

I upgraded to HDV with a sony FX1 at the start of 2006 and have been getting amazing results from it lately, and just upgraded my edit suite to handle the memory hungry requirements for HDV output. I edit on Prem Pro 2, which I get on well with - i also dabble in AE and flash, but quite regularly forget how to do the basic stuff!!!

So, as you can see, we're moving at a good pace with the new short film idea - it's quite funny really, even though I've been so involved with theatre over the last decades, drama film is always something I have shied away from, i guess scared by it's potential complexity. Hopefully by starting out with this small project it will give both Richard and I a feel of things to come.
He's jam packed with crazy ideas and imaginative scripts, whenever I read them I can visualize the scenes in detail ( i think personally that it has come from too many years of reading 2000AD comics ) so I'm really looking forward to working this up.

Anyhoo, keep checking back on progress, and if you're in the maidenhead area and fancy getting involved at all, give us a shout!

Cheers, one and all.

Rob

www.treborsnave.com for some of my older works - new site coming soon!!!

No comments: