Friday 23 February 2007

Playing around with lighting post effects in premiere pro 2

Some techy bits from me too!

I filmed some actors giving a short series of speeches, to compile a short promo vid for a play I'm working on. Very, very basic setup - natual room lighting + a 12 halogen to bring up a bit of detail. I decided to shoot against a white backdrop sheet ( deliberatley crumpled - I guess i wanted that look.... ) When i pulled up the shots on in edit they seemed a little flat, so i deceided to play around with the lighting effect present in premiere pro 2. I've used similar effects in p/shop and AE before, but decided to have a quick fiddle - I was actually very impressed with the results (also a little colouring applied to give it a bit more of a cold feel) :




Without effect With effect


The effect can be found under Video effects/adjust/lighting effects, and is pretty easily controlled by resizing the splash ovoid ( or whatever!), you can spin, widen and move the effect closer and further away. All in all a quick, easy solution for getting really interesting results out of such scenes. even if your lighting was wholly inadequate in the first place ;-)




Oh, and the final video can be found at www.redhottheatre.co.uk/video/lovepuke.wmv

No comments: